Saturday, April 13, 2013

THE DISTRICT

One of the Pre-MTC Training requirements is to watch series 1 and 2 of The District. Before I watched the videos (6 in total) I was told by some friends that they were boring and corny. Because of this, I was sorta dreading the three hours of video that lay ahead of me. But boy were these friends wrong! The videos are anything but boring and corny! I wrote over five pages of notes from the videos! I loved every minute of both series but have to admit that Series 2 is my favorite. Even if you aren't planning on serving a mission, I highly suggest watching the videos. They are great and full of things to think about, take to heart, practice and love. I love how the videos aren't scripted and are so real, we get to really see what a missionary and their investigators go through. While you watch I guarantee you will be invested in these Elders and Sisters and be rooting for them! I laughed, I cried, I was frustrated, I celebrated and I cheered alongside everyone on the videos. I can watch them over and over again, and I know you will too! I have learned so much from The District videos and it's helped me to feel more confident as I've seen just how true and rewarding the work can be when I go out with the sister missionaries in my ward. 
Something cool to add, I was talking to one of my best friends who was recently in the MTC and he said that some of the elders and sisters in The District 2 are off their missions and are now teachers in the MTC so cool right?! I hope that when I enter the MTC I can meet a few of them! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment